Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Ash Wednesday 2018

Because I cannot hope to turn again
Consequently I rejoice, having to construct something
Upon which to rejoice
And pray to God to have mercy upon us
And pray that I may forget
These matters that with myself I too much discuss
Too much explain
Because I do not hope to turn again
Let these words answer
For what is done, not to be done again
May the judgement not be too heavy upon us
[From Ash Wednesday by T.S. Eliot]

Lent is upon us. And we got a real serious dose of mortality, stronger than a cross of ashes, as our 13-year-old Boston Terrier Seann Truibhas was diagnosed as terminal by the vet. She gave us medication to make him comfortable, and, insha'Allah, he'll be able to finish his course here at home.  It won't be the same without him.

Yeah, Lent.



Good night, sweet Seann-Dog. You gave us a lot of love for a lot of years, and we're sorry to see it coming to an end.




No comments:

Post a Comment